Okay, so Halloween is over. Lessons learned this year:
- A large spool of garden twist-tie with attached cutter is the most useful thing in the world when putting up decorations – especially if you don’t want them to blow away.
- Two coats of clear-coat spray for plastic will make any Halloween decoration relatively weatherproof.
- People really don’t notice that you didn’t get half the decorating and stuff done that you’d planned on.
- Bad weather apparently means MORE trick-or-treaters come out, not less.
- People complimenting your costume when you’re not wearing one is both funny and irksome.
- Posting 31 days of themed content is a shit-ton of work. Speaking of which, the GKG Halloween 2018 playlist is unlocked on YouTube now. You’re welcome.
And now, it is November.
It’s actually the second of November, so I’m sure some of you are wondering why this wasn’t up on the first and why there is no new fiction today. Well, I’ll tell you, that’s because the month of October was a DISASTER. Lingering household aftermath of having windows replaced in September. Company coming in on short notice. Having to go back on medication course for GI issues right before company arrives. Spouse travelling 90% of the time. Computer monitor going out mimicking computer’s motherboard going out. Freelance client I hadn’t heard from in months suddenly popping back up with more work while computer was in the shop. Having to move office from upstairs to downstairs after just getting it all fixed up. Old computer not liking new monitor or the internet, motherboard actually is goin g wonky. New computer refusing to accept cloned hard drive, tech support refusing to tell me how to get the computer to cooperate, having to reinstall everything. Weird smell in new office space turning out to be stealth cat pee behind desk. NaNoWriMo getting ready to start.
TL/DR: In a nutshell, it’s November 2nd, not a word written yet for NaNo or anything else, and the only thing I want to do is go outside and rage-scream like a fucking banshee and then come back in and summon a demon and ask if it wants to help with some holiday baking and maybe discuss the pre-publishing edits I need to do for my last book over a nice cup of tea. That’s a good way to start November off, right?